Beer Spoilage Organisms
1. Allen, Fal. 1994. "The Microbrewery Laboratory Manual - Part II: Bacteria Detection, Enumeration, and Identification." Brewing Techniques 2 (5).
2. Allen, Fal. 1994. "The Microbrewery Laboratory Manual - Part III: Wild Yeast Detection and Remediation." Brewing Techniques 2 (6).
3. American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC). 1992. "Yeast-3.c Triphenyltetrazolium Chloride for Identification of Respiratory Deficient Cells." Methods of Analyses, 8th ed., The Society, St. Paul, Minnesota.
4. Ault, R.G. and R. Newton. 1971. "Spoilage Organisms in Brewing." Modern Brewing Technology, edited by W.P.K. Findlay. Cleveland, Ohio: The Macmillan Press.
5. Briggs, Dennis E., Boulton, Chris A., Brookes, Peter A., and Stevens, Roger. 2004. Brewing: Science and Practice. Cambridge, England: Woodhead Publishing Limited.
6. Campbell, I. 1987. "Microbiology of Brewing: Beer and Lager." Essays in Agricultural and Food Microbiology, edited by J.R. Norris and G.L. Pettipher. Chichester [West Sussex], England: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
7. Campbell, I. 1987. "Wild Yeasts in Brewing and Distilling." Brewing Microbiology, edited by F.G. Priest and I. Campbell. Essex, United Kingdom: Elsevier.
8. Dowhanick, Terrance M. 1990. "Is There a Need for Microbiological Quality Control in a Microbrewery." Brewers Digest. December.
9. Ernandes, J. R., J. W. Williams, I. Russel, and G. G. Stewart. 1993. "Respiratory Deficiency in Brewing Yeast Strains - Effects on Fermentation, Flocculation, and Beer Flavor Components." J. Am. Soc. Brew. Chem. 51.
10. Fix, George J. 1989. Principles of Brewing Science. Boulder, Colorado: Brewers Publications.
11. Fix, George J. 1990. "Banishing Bacteria." The New Brewer 7 (1).
12. Fix, George and Laurie Fix. 1997. An Analysis of Brewing Techniques. Boulder, Colorado: Brewers Publications.
13. Gilliland, R.B. 1981. "Brewing Yeast." Brewing Science. Volume 2, edited by J.R.A. Pollock. London, England: Academic Press.
14. Giorgio, Greg. 1990. "QC: Fact of Fiction?" The New Brewer 7 (1).
15. Hough, J. S., et al. 1982. Malting and Brewing Science. Volume 2. London, United Kingdom: Chapman-Hall, Ltd.
16. Annual Meeting American Society Brewing Chemists. 1968.
17. Lawrence, D. R. 1988. "Spoilage Organisms in Beer." Developmental Food Microbiology. Volume 3. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier.
18. Lewis, Michael J. and Tom W. Young. 1995. Brewing. London, England: Chapman & Hall.
19. Mackie, T.J. and J. E. McCartney. 1953. Handbook of Practical Bacteriology. Edinburg, United Kingdom: Churchill Livingstone.
20. Maule, D. R. 1980. "Propagation and Handling of Pitching Yeast." Brewers Digest 55 (2).
21. Middlekauff, James E. 1995. "Microbiological Aspects." Handbook of Brewing, edited by William A. Hardwick. New York, New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc.
22. Morris, Rodney L. 1994. "Simple Detection of Wild Yeast and Yeast Stability." Brewing Techniques 2 (3).
23. Piesley, John G. and Tomas Lom. 1977. "Yeast - Strains and Handling Techniques." The Practical Brewer, edited by H. M. Broderick. Madison, Wisconsin: Master Brewers Association of the Americas.
24. Priest, F.G. 1987. "Gram-Positive Brewery Bacteria." Brewing Microbiology, edited by F.G. Priest and I. Campbell. Essex, United Kingdom: Elsevier.
25. Priest, Fergus G. 2006. "Microbilogy and Microbiological Control in the Brewery." Handbook of Brewing, edited by Fergus G. Priest and Graham G. Stewart. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
26. Rainbow, C. 1981. "Beer Spoilage Microorganisms." Brewing Science. Volume 2, edited by J.R.A. Pollock. London, United Kingdom: Academic Press.
27. Richards, M. Wallerstein Lab Communication. 33 (11), 1970.
28. Russell, Inge. 1995. "Yeast." Handbook of Brewing, edited by William A. Hardwick. New York, New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc.
29. Simpson, W. J. 1989. "Instant Assessment of Brewery Hygiene Using ATP-Bioluminescense." Brewers' Guardian. 118 (11).
30. Simpson, W.J. 1991. "Rapid Microbiological Methods in the Brewery." Brewers' Guardian. 120 (6).
31. Simpson, W.J. and J.R. M. Hammond. 1990. "A Practical Guide to the Acid Washing of Brewer's Yeast." Ferment, 3 (6).
32. Van Vuuren, H.J.J. 1987. "Gram-Negative Spoilage Bacteria." Brewing Microbiology, edited by F.G. Priest and I. Campbell. Essex, United Kingdom: Elsevier.
Click on the following topics for more information on beer spoilage organisms.